Friday, August 26, 2011

Patience...

     Yes, I said it!  The "p" word!  I don't know about you, but that's often a hard one for me.  I am very patient in a lot of areas of my life, and not so much in others.  At the end of this past school year, I received news that my position was cut.  It broke my heart!  I was the Special Ed para (assistant teacher) at my daughter's Elementary School, and absolutely loved it.  I really thought I would be able to work with the children I had built relationships with during this upcoming year and I was looking forward to it! 
     My first reaction was to cry.  I mean the tears just immediately flowed.  I was crushed.  The next thing I did was panic.  I began to wonder what I would do next.  I needed to work, and was unsure of what I could do.  Jobs aren't exactly falling from the sky these days, so I began hunting and searching for something, anything, to ease my fears of no longer having a steady income.
     I'd like to say that I patiently awaited God's prompting, but I didn't this time.  I rushed ahead and began my quest for work.  Maybe I could find something local, like at Kohl's or Target or Pier 1 or Ross...hmmmm, maybe I could apply for something at the hospital since I'd love to be a nurse someday...  I mean thoughts were literally flying through my head a mile a minute.
     "Psssst...Tammy.  Remember me?"  Oh, hi God.  How's it going?  "I am here, you know.  I love you so much.  Do you really think I don't realize what is happening?"  I know, Lord, but I'm scared.  I don't like the unknown, the waiting.  It's so hard for me.  "Yes, I know.  I created you, remember?  I know the things that worry you, that's why I'm here.  I hope you haven't forgotten all of the things I've already brought  you through...I can handle this too!  I'm God, remember?!"
    Wow.  In my rush to figure it all out I didn't even really take time to patiently wait for God to lead me.  Why do I always do that?  Like I know best....He has my best interest at heart and I know that.  I just need to be patient and wait...
     Patience is trusting in God's timing.  What a blessing that is to me!  I don't have to stress and worry and wonder.  He already has it figured out for me!  I can simply pray, trust, and then sit back and wait for Him to show me the way.  Ahhhhhhhh, I feel better already.  :)

"Be still and know that I am God."  ~Psalm 46:10

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  ~Jeremiah 29:11
    

No comments:

Post a Comment