Monday, July 11, 2011

You gotta start somewhere....

Well, here we go!  I've always wanted to start a blog.  Not because I read them alot or even really know much about them, but mainly because I love to write.  I also love to talk, and sometimes the things I want to get off my mind aren't always things others want to talk about.  I figured here I can share ideas, release some thoughts, open the door to discussion and hopefully grow in knowledge. 

I am a Christian and I try to live my life in a way that please God.  I fall short of that goal daily.  I keep trying though!  Jesus is my homey and my references here will always give Him glory and honor.  My struggles and stories will hopefully show that walking with the Lord is hard, but the rewards are so great!

I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and I'd love some feedback if you feel led to share something.

**********************************************************************************
"Prayer is for the soul what nourishment is for the body."

I agree!  I used to be very intimidated to pray.  I always thought there was a "right way" to pray, and if I didn't use the correct words or say a fancy enough prayer, God probably wouldn't hear it, let alone respond to it.  I know better now!  Prayer is, for me, a conversation with God.  I start my day giving thanks to Him for waking me up.  I talk to Him like I do a friend.  I lay it all out on the line sometimes too!  He already knows how I'm feeling, so to pretend everything is peachy-keen when I'm actually feeling like I might explode isn't doing me and favors.

I encourage you to take a few minutes, right now if you want, to just say a quick prayer.  Maybe you have a blessing you are grateful for, maybe you are concerned about an important matter in your life.  Perhaps you aren't sure how to take the next step.  God knows your needs.  Just go to Him and ask Him to guide you.  You might as well give your cares and concerns to Him.  He's gonna be up all night anyway! :)

Have a truly blessed day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment