Sunday, October 5, 2014

Knowing

How do you know?  I mean, really know for sure? 

When you're waiting on an answer, or a clear direction from God, how do you know when it comes?

I've been able to be still more often this past week than I have in a long time.  I've prayed and waited, and actually just been patient to see how God will move in the areas I have lifted up to Him.  I know without a doubt that He is with me and that He is faithful, so my questions don't involve whether I think I will hear from Him.  I already know that I will. They are just questions about how I am supposed to know that it is truly from Him, and not just the first thing that happens to come up in my mind...

In the past, I've based decisions on several things when waiting to hear from the Lord.  I first see how the situation lines up with God's Word. Then I pay attention to the peace I feel within me when an answer comes. I know He is not a God of confusion, so if it seems completely off base from anything He would ask me to do, I know without a doubt that it isn't from Him.

So tonight I'm just wondering why I'm having a hard time seeing His will for me right now.  Maybe I'm being selfish.  Could it be that I am so stubborn I just can't see past a calling to do that which is a challenge to me?  Or possibly I am learning how to be strong in my faith and stand for what I know to be true and worthy of the Lord's leading.  Why is this such a struggle for me?

I will continue to pray, seek, wait, listen and pay close attention to the way God is speaking to me.  The more I am able to release control and place my focus on what God desires for me, the nearer I will be to my answer.  Until I am sure it comes, my journal will keep filling up, my Bible will stay open and I will remain steadfast in my willingness to faithfully follow my Savior.

In your life, what confirms that you have heard from God in situations you've asked Him about?  


Jeremiah 33:3  Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come.

Psalm 37:7  Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Don’t worry about evil people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.

Psalm 37:23-24 The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment