Wednesday, June 26, 2013

THE BLESSING OF SISTERS!

Today was the day I've been looking forward to with great anticipation.  Knowing that I get to see my sisters puts an instant smile on my face and lifts my spirits to the sky.  Differing schedules and family demands often put a damper on all four of us getting together.  Somehow, someway we always find the means to make it happen. 

The IHOP staff didn't know what they were in for when the Burhans girls showed up this morning. 
Giggling and bouncing in the booth, we welcomed each other and our day began!





Conversation was sporadic, but meaningful as we all tried to cram months of life into minutes of fellowship.  Silly stories and uncontrolled outbursts of laughter spread through the restaurant during our breakfast.  Why is it that time has to pass so quickly when you truly wish it would stand still?  Why does Suzy love napkins so much?  Did the bathroom need to feel like a sauna?  Was Christina, our waitress, giggling along with us because she could tell how much we were enjoying each other, or was she secretly hoping we would leave?  Will Beth burst into Chakaboom dance right there in our booth?  Do you think Tina's co-workers would have been upset if we just took her for the day instead of having to say good bye right after we ate?  Would Tammy leave this place with marks on her from the seat?

There are so many things I adore about my sisters.  Each of them adds quality to my life. I treasure their suggestions and opinions, knowing that they care so much about me.  It's funny how just a little over an hour with them fills my heart with more than enough joy to carry me until our next get together.

Each time I think of my sisters, I am reminded of the love that binds us with one another.  It runs deep, and close to my heart.  Treasured are the times we spend connecting, even when they are short lived.




Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.  ~ Philippians 1:3
 
 
 


1 comment: