Saturday, June 29, 2013

Trifecta Writing Challenge

I've seen my big brother do several of these challenges and thought I'd try it out....not even sure if this is how it's supposed to be done, but here goes nothing!!  :)



 
 
This weekend we are asking you to play around with the following quote:
Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind.
--Henry James
 
For the sake of clarity (and brevity), we'll impose a thirty-three word upper limit.




Three things in life are sure to help you learn something new. One, jump right in expecting the best.  Two, jump right in expecting the best.  Three, jump right in expecting the best.





16 comments:

  1. Although I can't follow your advice, you did the challenge just right, at least it looks like you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helena. What part of the advice can't you follow - the jumping right in, or the expecting the best? I struggle with the jumping right in part! :)

      Delete
  2. Great job Tammy. I want to cool off in that pool right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, this was at a natural swimming hole up in the mountains near Suzy's old house. The water was freezing, and I was such a chicken about going in. I figured there was no slow entry here - it was all or nothing so I jumped right in! :)

      Delete
  3. Um and thirty three too. I am going to have to keep my eye on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. step right up and jump right in. :)
    glad to have you trying the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a first time for everything, right? :)

      Delete
  5. jumping has been my down-fall a couple of times in life...get it? downfall? groooannnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol @downfall....yes, I get it and can totally relate! I've fallen many times myself. It's getting back up that matters, right?

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Indeed, Draug! That's how I live my life.

      Delete
  7. I've noticed a lot of the entries this week are full of great advice! Way to jump right in with the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They sure are Rachael. Thanks for the message!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm one to stand on the edge debating about whether the water is too shallow, too cold or too far down. Sometimes I wish I were the 'jump right in' type - I'd surely experience more new things :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to be the same way, and sometimes still am. I've just learned that occasionally we have to take a chance and then go for it!

    ReplyDelete